This article is in the news archive.
Internal Funding Call: MRC Confidence in Concept - Round 3 - deadline 3 April 14
MRC Confidence in Concept Funding – Round 3
In 2013, the MRC has renewed its Confidence in Concept (CiC) award to the University of Cambridge of £600,000.
The aim of the Confidence in Concept scheme is to accelerate the transition from discovery science into new therapies, diagnostics and medical devices by pump-priming translational research projects.
It is intended to support the development of concrete pilot data which will make projects more competitive to be able to then seek external substantive translational funding.
Investigators at the University of Cambridge’s Schools of Clinical Medicine or Biological Sciences are eligible to apply for this award. Investigators from other Schools can be co-applicants
· Applicants can request up to £70,000 in direct research costs for a maximum period of 6 months. Please note that the full economic costs of the work will have to be prepared (see budget section).
· All awards will need to be taken up within 3 months of the award notification
· Research costs usually eligible to the MRC are allowable. Whilst staff costs are allowable, these can only be used for staff that are in post by the time of the application and will have to be named individuals on the project proposal.
· Further detail is in the attached application form and guidance
· To apply please complete the attached application form including the signed budget form at the end of the document
· Please return this by email to Dr Jana Voigt (email@example.com) by Thursday 3rd April 2014 using the email heading above.
Posted on 21/03/2014
Go to the news index page.