This article is in the news archive.
Wellcome Trust Masterclass in Motor Neuron Disease - May 2008
BNA student members and post-docs are invited to apply for stipends to attend the Wellcome Trust Masterclass entitled: Controversies in Motor Neuron Disease Research and Practice, hosted by the BNA at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park, 21st-23rd May, 2008, and coordinated by Kevin Talbot (Oxford) and Ammar Al-Chalabi (King’s College, London).
Applicants must send:
· A CV, including list of publications
· A brief statement on why attendance would be of value to their research (max 250 words)
Applications should reach the BNA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by FRIDAY, 7th MARCH.
Stipends will include registration and full board accommodation in the historic Cumberland Lodge (www.cumberlandlodge.ac.uk) for two days. Please note that this is NOT a didactic course, but one that will explore all aspects of the pathology, therapeutics, clinical care and future research directions in understanding this disease with open discussion rather than set lectures. This will, therefore, be a unique opportunity to learn directly from leading experts, both in the UK and further afield, in an informal setting. Applications from researchers hoping to move into this field of research will also be welcomed.
Sessions will include:
(1) Clinicopathological correlations (co-ordinated by Nigel Leigh and Paul Ince)
(2) Animal models (co-ordinated by Kevin Talbot and Elizabeth Fisher)
(3) Genetics (co-ordinated by Ammar Al-Chalabi and John Hardy)
(4) Stem Cell Therapy (co-ordinated by Chris Shaw)
(5) Translational Medicine (co-ordinated by Pam Shaw)
For further details, please contact: email@example.com. Places are limited, applicants will be informed of their success or otherwise by 1st APRIL.
Posted on 18/02/2008
Go to the news index page.