This article is in the news archive.
British Association for Psychopharmacology Summer Meeting: 22nd-25th July, Harrogate
The BAP (British Association for Psychopharmacology) Summer Meeting will be held at Harrogate International Centre from Sunday 22nd to Wednesday 25th July
Highlights of the meeting will include:
The 2012 Guest Lecture, presented by Dr Nora Volkow, Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) "Drugs in the Brain: transforming reward into addiction"
Plenary Mental Health Session "The best treatment for treatment-resistant patients with psychiatric disorders and possibilities for developing clinical research" Including presentations from Stephen Stahl, Guy Goodwin, Gavin Malloch and Kathryn Adcock.
9 invited symposia covering cutting-edge clinical and non-clinical psychopharmacology:
- Drugs as tools in neuropsychiatry: Ketamine
- New tricks for old drugs: Opiates, addiction and beyond
- Advances in understanding brain corticosteroid responses to stress: relevance to depression
- Cognitive impairment in depression: A target for treatment?
- New treatment strategies for targeting drug addictions -- A translational perspective
- Functional imaging markers for monitoring treatment: Mechanisms and efficacy
- Schizophrenia Treatment: What's wrong with it and what might work better
- Epigenetics and psychiatry - current understanding and therapeutic potential
- Rethinking the compulsive aspects of addiction: From bench to bedside
2 Poster Sessions (poster lists available to view on the website)
Post-doc Symposium: "Neurodevelopmental models of psychiatric disease: back to the future"
Satellite Symposia hosted by Lundbeck, Roche, Lilly and Janssen
Conference Dinner including presentation of the 2012 Prizes and Awards
Professor Barry Everitt will receive the BAP Lifetime Achievement Award
Conference fees (includes attendance at all scientific sessions, refreshments, lunch on Monday and Tuesday, Welcome Reception on Sunday):
Whole Conference Single Day Rate
BAP Full Members £265.00 £165.00
BAP Retired Members £120.00 £70.00
BAP Training Members £50.00 £20.00
Students £50.00 £20.00
Non-Members £370.00 £250.00
Apply for BAP Membership here.
Register for the Summer Meeting here.
Posted on Friday 6 July, 2012
Go to the news index page.