This article is in the news archive.
Free Expert Witness Training
Expert Witness Training
Are you considering or currently acting as an Expert Witness?
Practice and develop your courtroom skills and evidence giving technique, in a safe environment with a one day course.
FREE Expert Witness training course on Courtroom skills available from Cambridge Enterprise.
Cambridge Enterprise is delighted to be offering a free one day training course on courtroom skills for expert witnesses.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your skills as an expert witness.
Provided by specialist legal trainers
The course will be delivered by Bond Solon, the UK’s leading expert witness training company
Why should I attend?
(Course outline taken from www.bondsolon.com)
A Supreme Court decision in 2011 abolished the immunity from suit which expert witnesses had previously enjoyed. This course is designed to help you comply with your duties to the court and give effective oral evidence.
The witness box is a lonely place. Many experts feel they are on trial, standing in the dock rather than giving independent testimony to assist the court. Often, experts are unfamiliar with this environment, as few cases go to a full trial but unfortunately a poor performance can undermine confidence and credibility.
Courtroom Skills is an intensive and highly practical training day. First we examine the theory, practice and procedure of giving evidence, demystifying the process. Then you are cross-examined on a case study. A professional trainer, who is an experienced lawyer, gives constructive feedback on your witness box presentation.
You will receive a comprehensive workbook, aide memoire and certificate of attendance.
Key Learning Points
- How the court system works
- Your role as an independent educator of the court
- Key skills of presenting effective evidence
- Techniques lawyers use in cross examination and how to handle them
- Expressing an opinion based on the foundation of fact
- Giving confident, clear testimony under cross-examination
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all levels of experience, whether you are already acting as an expert witness or are considering doing so.
We welcome applications from anyone who is currently employed by the University. If the course is oversubscribed, places will be allocated on a “first come first served basis”.
Course and booking information
- Date & Time: 9.30 am to 5pm, Thursday 21st June 2012
- Welcome tea & coffee, a buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Location: The Seminar Centre, Hauser Forum, West Cambridge site
- Limited spaces available - book your place now
- To secure your space on this informative course please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 25th May.
If you would like further information or have any questions, contact Peri Cihan on 01223 763717
Posted on Tuesday 15 May, 2012
Go to the news index page.