CamBRAIN Annual Careers Event - May 3 2017 - St John's College
Are you working towards or have you just completed your degree in neuroscience?
What could you possibly do with it?
For a neuroscientist exploring the molecular basis of the intrinsic pathways through which neurons regenerate after spinal cord injury, there is one rather puzzling question left: What is next?
Come and join us for CamBRAIN’s Annual Careers Event which will take place on Wednesday, 3rd May at 6pm in St John’s Old Divinity School.
Here you will have the opportunity to hear from professionals who have a degree in neuroscience and who are now lead experts in a wide range of fields such as industry, academia, science communication, entrepreneurship, consultancy and many more!
Here is our speaker line-up:
1. Dr Liam Wilson (QuintilesIMS) - Market Intelligence, Publishing, Communications, Consultancy
2. Dr Sara Soleman (GlaxoSmithKline) - Clinical Development Manager
3. Dr Adam Tozer (Technology Networks) - Science Writer
4. Tahl Holzman (Cambridge NeuroTech) - Founder and CEO
5. Dr Ewan St John Smith (Department of Pharmacology) - University Lecturer in Pharmacology
6. Dr Tim Rittman (Department of Clinical Neurosciences) - MRC Clinical Research Training Fellow
7. Cambridge University Careers Service
Each speaker will give a short talk about their career path and some tips for you and your future climb up the career ladder. The talks will be followed by a speed networking session where you will have the chance to engage with our speakers in smaller groups and ask them more specific questions. We will close the evening with a free drinks reception and a further opportunity to network.
Tickets are FREE but we have a limited number so hurry up and book yours now to avoid disappointment. You can register here.
You can find out more about our event on our FB event here.
We hope to see you all there!
The CamBRAIN Committee
Posted on 20/04/2017
Go to the events index page.